Citation Mustang Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Citation Mustang Xperience Forums > Citation Mustang General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Answered] FSX Mustang Installation on Windows 7
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Answered] FSX Mustang Installation on Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heronjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Answered] FSX Mustang Installation on Windows 7
    Posted: Mar-23-2017 at 1:16pm
Hi, I always install anything right-clicking the installer and running it as administrator. Antivirus out is a ruler. Now my FSX Mustang installer is freezing at the end with the message "Please wait, installing files... seeking...". I've tried to run it twice with the same result. My rig is Windows 7 Pro-64.

Best
Heron

Regards
Heron
ubersu View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-23-2017 at 5:35pm
Couple of things - if you are running any logitech software kill it for the installation. Don't run the extracted installer via the wrapper - just extract it to the flight1 directory and then run it from there with the right click. If neither of those things works then be assured that the installation has actually completed at the point you get the "seeking" message except for the start menu entries. I've complained about this for years, as have other folks, and nothing has ever been done about it. It's not a consistent enough error on most people's systems to find and fix. Some installers do it and some don't but the things I mentioned above work for me.

DJ
Heronjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heronjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-23-2017 at 7:27pm
Roger that, thanks. It seem to be installed to that point and the plane is operational on FSX. But now I cannot make avionics wake PFD and MFD.

Regards
Heron
Heronjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heronjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-23-2017 at 8:41pm
Well, I decided at last to ask for a refund as this purchase was a wrong step in order to have an executive jet. This is a pre-Windows 7 software and is really complicated to deal with this combination. I've read lots of posts of members is this forum having the same problem and few of them resolved. Anyway, thanks for your attention and hope Flight1 releases a new and more compatible version of the Mustang.

Regards
Heron
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-25-2017 at 4:32pm
Heron,

Sorry that you had issues with the Mustang.  We would have tried to help you with your issues.
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
Lana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-22-2017 at 8:39am
Hi guys. Thanks a lot for your posts. They are so informative.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic