Citation Mustang Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Citation Mustang Xperience Forums > Citation Mustang General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any plans to revamp/upgrade the Mustang?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any plans to revamp/upgrade the Mustang?
    Posted: Aug-01-2012 at 12:00am
Now that the Flt1 Mustang is more than 2 years old, and there are no current MS plans for a new sim beyond FSX there are some features I'd like to see either added to or redone for the Mustang. I got myself a nice beefy new system last year that's capable of running her nicely now but I've been holding off from re-purchasing since there are a few things about her that could really use a face lift of sorts.

You probably have no intentions of a re-release...BUT, if you do...here are a few items I'd love to see improved or added, guys:

1. The new style landing lights which illuminate the rwy (built into the model I understand).
2. Increased amount of reflection on the VC windows please, would like it to look more like real glass.
3. Some VC modeling/texture/shading improvements so the cockpit takes on a bit less cartoonish or hand drawn look in place of something somewhat more photo-real in key areas surrounding windows/seats/etc.
4. New more realistic engine spoolup/startup/shutdown sounds, improved touchdown & roll sounds.
5. Add more pages/functionality to G1000
6. Would love to see the G1000 displays scaled a bit larger for tired old eyes (maybe 10-15% larger?)

...thanks for listening and I hope you'll consider a new (paid for, not free upgrade)version some time soon!

Dave

norman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug-23-2012 at 9:27am
i agree will pay for it. norman
Matt_B_1978 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_B_1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug-25-2012 at 6:07am
I think (but am not certain) this has been asked and answered by Jim. I am fairly sure his answer was basically "no". Correct me if I'm wrong, Jim.

CPU: Intel i7-870 (2.93GHz) OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64bit RAM: 12GB HDD: 2TB Video: 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
seippg View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seippg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-29-2013 at 8:22am
I know we're dreaming but I'd pay too.  I got it over the weekend and I have to say it ranks up their in quality.  Certainly v.2 worthy.  Here are some more ideas:

--A new interior
--more liveries
--VNAV
--Save flight plan
--PMDG style button, rotary, dial handling
aerostar View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerostar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-16-2013 at 10:42am

VNAV   VNAV and VNAV
aerostar View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerostar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2013 at 9:27am
Even if the waypoint altitude crossing restrictions were displayed in the FPL listing for the SIDs and STARs that would be great and not need much adaptation as all the info would be in the AIRAC file, would only need to be displayed.

Pilot input of waypoint altitudes would be great.

Surely this would not be hard, time consuming or costly to implement and would take the Mustang a giant leap forward.
ladigue View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2013 at 2:32pm
+ 1
gtidan View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2013 at 10:43pm
As much as I really enjoy flying the Mustang I've never had so many problems getting it to work right. Always this and that but at the moment all seems well aside from an occasional CTD (yeah, I've done the fix. With all the tweaks I've learned here I'm getting a solid 30fps (locked) in every mode. No stuttering........smooth a glass.

While I'm looking forward to the new King Air and I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait; I REALLY hope they spend enough time to get the engine sound right this time. I work a block away from John Wayne (KSNA) and see and hear Mustangs taking off two or three times a week and I can tell you with certainty (regardless of what some here might say) the F1 Mustang falls well short of sounding like the real deal.
Intel I7-2600,2nd Gen
3.40 ghz
1.5 TB HD
12 gig ram
evga geforce gtx 650 ti ssc 2gb DDR5

ladigue View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-09-2013 at 5:29am
Realair released recently Version 2 of its great Duke B60 with HD Graphics and other improvements. Love it!
Any chance that Flight1 could follow and release a V2 of the beloved Citation Mustang?
Or will the Mustang slowly die (maybe like GEX, UTX and maybe Flight1 itself...)??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic