Citation Mustang Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Citation Mustang Xperience Forums > Citation Mustang General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Citation Mustang Around the World!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-16-2013 at 3:17pm
Great videos Smooth...   Enjoyed the Karaoke.    Also, don't know if you saw, you kept your aircraft at 170 KTS because you had left it in FLC mode, but didn't switch it off once you reached your Cruise.  Remember those checklists...  Wink

I need to get on Twitch myself to record some Flight1 flights. 

Look forward to more...
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
hubinsc View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hubinsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-16-2013 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Jeff Smith Jeff Smith wrote:

Remember those checklists...  Wink

Love to hear a pilot go through the checks. Guido always reads them aloud even when he flies alone.

Regards, Hub

smoothvirus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-16-2013 at 11:30pm

Great videos Smooth...   Enjoyed the Karaoke.    Also, don't know if you saw, you kept your aircraft at 170 KTS because you had left it in FLC mode, but didn't switch it off once you reached your Cruise.  Remember those checklists...  Wink

I need to get on Twitch myself to record some Flight1 flights. 

Look forward to more...

I have noticed that my piloting skills drop way down when I'm talking to everyone in the chatroom and laughing at all the jokes that get posted. Wink

That shot of tequila probably didn't help much either! Shocked Big smile
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-18-2013 at 10:31pm
Flew from Los Cabos to Mexico City last night. The weather in Mexico City was pretty nasty when we took off from Los Cabos, winds were gusting to 46 knots! But by the time we got there everything had cleared out. Still having some problems with my controls doing weird things while we're on the ground.

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2013 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by smoothvirus smoothvirus wrote:

I have noticed that my piloting skills drop way down when I'm talking to everyone in the chatroom and laughing at all the jokes that get posted. Wink

That shot of tequila probably didn't help much either! Shocked Big smile

Tequila is always a good thing in moderation.

I think the reason your AP was going out of whack at the start is that your trim wasn't set for takeoff, but was in a nose down config. 

Did some more Twitch testing of my own last night and I think I have her about setup to my liking. 

Look forward to more videos....  Cheers!  WinkBeer

Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-21-2013 at 9:36pm
Just finished MMMX-MMUN. More tequila, volcanoes, and classic rock. 

And a highlight - Ratt Rocks the Party Plane!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-23-2013 at 3:19pm
Smooth,

What are you using to capture and stream your videos.  XSplit or something else?  Just curious...

Watched your video over the weekend.  Another good video on the party plane BTW.
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-24-2013 at 9:05am

Smooth,

What are you using to capture and stream your videos.  XSplit or something else?  Just curious...

Watched your video over the weekend.  Another good video on the party plane BTW.
Yes, I'm using XSplit for streaming. It's by far the best software I found for streaming.
Glad you're enjoying the videos. Smile
MROC is going to be the next stop, I'll need to find some free time to make the flight!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-24-2013 at 3:36pm
Smooth,

Thanks for the reply.  I figured it was XSplit.  It is a good software set.  I will probably get the full version soon.

I started posting some test videos myself.  You can see them using the blog link below.

Cheers!
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-28-2013 at 1:04am
Did a night flight from MMUN-MROC tonight. Lots of good music on the way. Smile

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-28-2013 at 8:00pm
Flew from MROC-SEQM this afternoon. Did not get any ATC today but the approach into Quito is pretty challenging.

Video of the flight here:

And if you want to just watch the approach into SEQM here's the video of that part:

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-01-2013 at 11:03pm
So I flew the 40th leg of the RTW flight last night, SEQM-SPIM.
Was not alone this time as a couple of viewers joined in to fly the route along with me.

A couple of highlights:

UFO spotted over Quito!

Viewer landing in Lima
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-02-2013 at 1:23pm
Nice work again... Smooth. 
Great to chat with you during your flight.
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-05-2013 at 11:21am
SPIM-SCFA completed, the video is split into two parts because of Twitch problems last night.

Highlight of the approach and landing:

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-05-2013 at 2:57pm
I'll be flying to Santiago Chile tonight starting at 9:30PM EDT. Feel free to login to VATSIM and fly with us. I'll be using the freeware scenery available here:

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-06-2013 at 12:04pm
Flew from Antofagasta to Santiago last night, along with a couple of viewers on my channel and three or four (I lost count) Chilean pilots who were heading to Santiago as well.

Next step is going to be Buenos Aires, Argentina. I found an amazing set of freeware scenery for Buenos Aires that is payware quality. 

next leg will be SCEL-SABE

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-12-2013 at 1:37pm
Flew to Buenos Aires on the last trip, along with some viewers on the channel. Had ATC most of the way although somehow installing a  new video card screwed my sound all up. I did wind up finding the problem and fixing it about halfway through the flight.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-14-2013 at 2:08pm
Smooth,

I need to catch up on your videos this week.  I created a YouTube channel over the weekend. Going to start posting my own videos there.  I d/l Kerbal after watching your video last week.  Great fun!

Cheers!
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-15-2013 at 10:01am
Oh man, Kerbal Space Program is a blast! There is a new update coming out in a week or so that will add scientific data missions to the game. 

I left Buenos Aires last night and flew north, up to Porto Allegre in Brazil. The airport in Buenos Aires was super busy but ATC was offline. I narrowly avoided trading paint with a commuter turboprop while taxiing. Good thing that my real world flight instructor taught me to check both ways at every intersection! 

fast forward to 7:57 to see the near miss

Next stop is going to be Rio De Janeiro.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothvirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-12-2013 at 4:49pm
Have been taking a bit of a break to catch up on my UAV projects as the flying season comes to an end here in Virginia. Don't worry I will be back on Twitch, probably as soon as it's too cold to fly my little drones outdoors!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic