Citation Mustang Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Citation Mustang Xperience Forums > Screenshots and Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coming Soon: High Sierra Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coming Soon: High Sierra Edition
    Posted: Dec-26-2010 at 1:46am
Howdy fellow pilots! 

Thought I would pull the sheet off the project I'm working on here and give you all an early preview of the High Sierra Edition repaint I'm working on. 

Keep in mind, the picture below is the first in-sim test so I'm presently working on the nose and tail to fix errors and make adjustments before I work on the three interior packages that are available from Cessna on the High Sierra Edition. More previews to come!

Nick Preston
Eaglesoft Development Group Texture Artist
Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-26-2010 at 3:00pm
Very nice Nick!
gordon894 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon894 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-27-2010 at 7:13am

Looking great. Can't wait to see and fly the finished product!!

Gordon
flyboy3771 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboy3771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-27-2010 at 12:35pm
Looks fantatic, looking forward to seeing final. Thanks ! Smile
Lifeguard911 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifeguard911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-27-2010 at 1:39pm
Your High Sierra repaint looks great. I will wait patiently for you to finish. Thanks for doing all three interiors. Looking at Cessna's brochure, I think that my favorite is the Smoky Quartz interior. Any idea what the tail number(s) will be?
pjc747 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjc747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-27-2010 at 6:31pm
Will this be an addition to our current mustangs or seperate purchase?
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-27-2010 at 10:30pm
Since this is just a repaint package it will be free, of course. Smile
Nick Preston
APilot2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APilot2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-29-2010 at 7:36pm
Nick, That is great--I have been hoping that someone (havng much more skill than me) would create ths repaint! Looking forward to your posting.
Don
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2010 at 12:19am
Time for update number two. 

The exterior of the High Sierra Edition is complete and I am now moving on the interior and then I will be creating a "brochure" style installation manual to complete the package. 

More previews to come as the interior package is built. 

Nick Preston
superglide View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superglide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2010 at 9:41am
Nick,

It's a beauty! Anxiously awaiting your final product!
Joe Brown

W7-64b|FSX|Rose Blackhawk|ASUS Z87 PRO|i7 4770K @ 4.5|CORS H80i|EVGA GTX780|16GB CORS DOM DDR3 2100 9-11-11
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboy3771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2010 at 6:47pm
Absolutly Beautiful, the defaualts look great too but it will be nice to have this in the fleet!
Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2010 at 7:03pm
I would recommend using the default N510F1 rather than an N-number that belongs to another aircraft (such as the one above). lawsuits are not fun things and you never know.....
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2010 at 8:05pm
Good point Jim, I will change that for the final package.
Nick Preston
jcmmg View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcmmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-31-2010 at 6:09am
Looking forward for it!!!!

Great job!!!!
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-31-2010 at 4:03pm
Spent some time inside the Mustang today working on the first of the three interiors (which happens to be my favorite as well) Silhouette. 

Still lots to do, like carpet, walls, headliner, cup holders, and the tables. So here is a quick shot if Silhouette. 

That back wall artwork was a bit of a chore as I used the brochure image as a reference and made the whole thing from scratch. Tongue

More to follow!
Nick Preston
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superglide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-31-2010 at 6:49pm
Oh baby!Tongue
Joe Brown

W7-64b|FSX|Rose Blackhawk|ASUS Z87 PRO|i7 4770K @ 4.5|CORS H80i|EVGA GTX780|16GB CORS DOM DDR3 2100 9-11-11
pjc747 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjc747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-02-2011 at 9:46pm
Hot Stuff! Hope to get a real High Sierra Edition someday, that California Lottery has my name on it! I like the Smoky Quartz interior best, this'll be my main flyer in FSX soon, aside from my Spartan Executive. Happy New Year!
N8015X View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8015X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-03-2011 at 10:21am
Wow, this looks really good. Do you have any idea when you hope to release the package?
Blackdog View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-03-2011 at 5:54pm
Looks GreatClap
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-03-2011 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by N8015X N8015X wrote:

Wow, this looks really good. Do you have any idea when you hope to release the package?

Still have to do two interior packages, documentation, and see how to package it up. The hard part of doing the interior was getting the first set of textures done since there were no reference areas or layers to work with in Photoshop so everything had to be created on the first set. So, it should be about one more week. 

Thanks to everyone for your comments!
Nick Preston
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 12:56am
After wrapping up a few details tonight, I am ready to showcase the first of the three interior packs for the High Sierra Edition. 

I now present: Silhouette. 

Nick Preston
CitMusJoe View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CitMusJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 5:14am
My eyes get bigger and bigger...
Thumbs Up Handshake

I've waited for her since never ending months ...

Josef
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifeguard911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 10:03am
That is fantastic, Nick! I anxiously await to see the other interiors, also.
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 11:39pm
Something to keep you all busy while I chip away at Smoky Quartz is this video I found on Aero TV from NBAA 2010:

Enjoy and stay tuned!
Nick Preston
AaronMyers View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-05-2011 at 12:39am
Looks very nice indeed. It will be an honor to take her out for a much deserved flight when everything is complete. Thanks for your efforts!
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-05-2011 at 10:41pm
And now for interior showcase number two!

Smoky Quartz

Nick Preston
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifeguard911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2011 at 12:15am
Three words come to my mind, Nick. Shock and Awe!
N8015X View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8015X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2011 at 8:51am
Wow, they both look fantastic. This will be an excellent repaint package. Thank you in advance for taking the time to not only make these, but share them with the community. I have no idea how to repaint an aircraft and I don't have photoshop, just MS paint.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifeguard911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2011 at 10:16am
Nick,

I forgot to say thank you for making the Xperience even better for us all. I wish I had your talent. I haven't painted anything since switching from FS9 to FSX. Hopefully, one day I will learn to repaint again.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superglide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2011 at 11:13am
That is Sssmokin'!Beer
Joe Brown

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2011 at 12:31pm
Wow Nick...  This will look great on the ramp at KRNO.
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2011 at 2:56pm
Made a few revisions to the two completed interiors today. I changed a few colors on the interior appointments to give some added depth to the interiors.

I also made some significant adjustments to the cabinetry in the main entrance so they are now the same texture as the lower part of the sidewall with a piano black finish on the drawers. I also took the liberty to continue the lower wall texture right into the VC. 

As another added bonus this allowed me to change the format of the textures from an 8bit to a 32bit .DDS texture. You may be wondering what this means, higher definition textures in the cabin. 

Take a look:

One more interior to go, it's getting closer!

Thanks to everyone for your comments, and I assure you, you wont be dissapointed.
Nick Preston
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifeguard911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2011 at 6:07pm
It is getting even better! I really like the look of the wood finish around the throttle and the cup holders. The toilet isn't gold plated,is it? LOL
CitMusJoe View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CitMusJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2011 at 7:52pm
An extraordinary airplane with outstanding paintcheme has also earned to get polished every day in an outstanding hangar. Red Bull's  'Hangar 7' here at LOWS is worthy to host the CM HS, at least my virtual copy. Wink
_____
Josef
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2011 at 8:08pm
Folks, I can now present number three in the Interior Showcase. 

Black Pearl:

The only thing left now is packaging, documentation, and a few tweaks here and there. We are on the home stretch! Big smile
Nick Preston
CitMusJoe View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CitMusJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-07-2011 at 5:43am
So, I can start preflight planning on my desktop. Mission: Ferry the newly painted CMHS to my reserved parking position in Hangar 7.

... This is _the_ bargain of the years 2010 and 2011 ...  Wink
_____
Josef
Locarno1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locarno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-07-2011 at 3:08pm
This is really awesome! Cannot wait for it! Rough release date Nick?

Regards,

Tristan
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboy3771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-07-2011 at 4:06pm
looks so good, I saw a mustang last year at OshKosh and fell in love and unfortunatly the HSA was not there it still was great looking plane, can't wait to add this addition to my mustang. Thanks once again for your work,
N8015X View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8015X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-10-2011 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Locarno1 Locarno1 wrote:

This is really awesome! Cannot wait for it! Rough release date Nick?

At some point last week Nick said it was about a week away and at that point he still needed to finish two of the interior packages. Now that all 3 packages are finished, all he needs to do is package everything up, create some type of documentation and possibly fix any issues he deems nessesary. I would take a guess he will release it either this week or next week at the latest.

I can't wait! Thanks again for bringing the High Sierra Edition of this fantastic add-on to us Nick. You work is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Chad
Cirrus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-12-2011 at 1:46am
I just wanted to let everyone waiting know that I haven't forgotten about you folks. At the present I am finishing some work on the documentation while Jim and the folks at Flight1 poke around the "HSE" and give it their seal of approval. 

As an added bonus to whet your appetite, today (Wed. 01/12/2011) I will be posting some in-flight screens of the High Sierra Edition as I venture in to the snowy Northeast on a flight from KRDU to KCON.

Thanks to all for your comments and support. Smile
Nick Preston
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic