Citation Mustang Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Citation Mustang Xperience Forums > Citation Mustang General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMustang and Prepar3d

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang and Prepar3d
    Posted: Dec-26-2012 at 2:41pm
Does anyone know if the mustang will work in prepar3d?
Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-26-2012 at 3:15pm
No it does not.
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-01-2013 at 5:39pm
Well if it does not work now it would be very nice to know when it may be available to Prepar3d users especially as many of us already own the FSX version!

Happy New Year to everyone in this forum

John
Vista 32, Intel Q9550 @ 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX, Samsung T240
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-01-2013 at 5:44pm
If it ever is it wont be free.
The FSX mustang was developed as an entertainment product for FSX.

P3D is licensed for academic and professional use. We take that at face value, so if we ever consider it for P3D there will have to be a professional or academic use / need justified for us to apply it to that license and it will not be without cost.

I won't entertain any arguments about EULA, licensing and definitions of what Academic means. Its pretty clear in Lockheeds description.
kyouls View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-02-2013 at 2:24pm
I see what you are saying Jim. Maybe update the mustang g1000 system to its full potential like the other Flight1 tech g1000 software add-ons so it could be used for professional or academic mustang g1000 training? Not trying to start an argument here, just an idea.
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-02-2013 at 2:49pm
Excellent idea. Also it seems as if the iFly 737 NG for Prepar3d is being offered by Flight1 for 54.95 dollars with a discount for previous FSX owners, see

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AircraftSimulations/737NGforPrepar3D.aspx

Why not something similar for the Mustang. I would certainly pay to be able to use the Mustang again.
Vista 32, Intel Q9550 @ 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX, Samsung T240
kyouls View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-02-2013 at 5:09pm
+1
raflyer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2013 at 9:47am
+1
Rob from Indina
Bertinch View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-06-2013 at 12:19pm
+1
i8aaq View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-07-2013 at 9:23am
+1
Irise View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-16-2013 at 5:43am
+1
Rudish View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-20-2013 at 3:36pm
+1

But, the notion seems to be getting completely ignored.

You know - I don't mind doing business with anyone, as long as I know that the company I spend my hard earned money with is responsive (at the very least) to my inquiries and does so in a way that is clear, concise and respectful of my patronage.

Of course, this is one of the prime reasons market competition is so important.  It forces companies to be more responsive to their customers.

At the very least, the current Mustang G1000 should be fully functional within the limits of both the OS and the FSX environment, before it could ever be considered a viable platform for any "professional" and/or "academic" use in P3D.  It would not make much sense at all, nor would it be fair to existing FSX customers, to make any P3D G1000 fully functional, while leaving the FSX G1000 behind like a orphaned stepchild.

So, while I do add the "+1" to this thread in favor of expanding the Mustang to P3D (professional use, academic use or otherwise) , I also would like to put in my strong support for getting the FSX Mustang G1000 up to full speed as a priority for that particular product, before venturing off into a completely different development effort with P3D.

BTW - regarding the "professional and/or academic use" language.  I am 100% certain that LM could care less how the end-user went about using their product, as long as they paid for it.  And, LM has left the door wide open to a range of interpretations.  Here's the actual language taken from their site regarding Licensing:

Quote To see which version of Prepar3DŽ is right for you, please reference the chart on the right. As provided in our End User License Agreement, the Prepar3D application is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product.
Source: http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

The listed "Professional License" at $199 has a direct peg to the words: Private Pilot Use.  What does that mean?  Who knows and who cares - LM certainly does not.  They use the language to benefit themselves and differentiate themselves from FSX and X-Plane, to their Commercial Customer base.  They cannot be seen as a "Gaming Company" to their "serious" commercial end-users.  So, they strike language that appears on the surface to rule out anything other than "Professional and/or Academic Use."

The reality is that "anyone" can qualify as a Private Pilot user, by simply "deciding" that they are going to become a "Student Pilot."  I doubt seriously that LM checks with the "Student's" flight instructor, or asks the customer to provide a Log Book Endorsement type signature from their CFI or CFII, before allowing one to pay cold cash for P3D.  Declare yourself a "Student Pilot" and game on (pun intended). 

What are they going to do.  Ask for your FAA Student Pilot Certificate?  Heck, the FAA doesn't even issue that until before you do your solo.  All you need for the Student Pilot Certificate, is a 3rd Class Medical and have reached the age of 16, according to 14 CFR 61.23.  I doubt very seriously that LM will care about any of that, as long as you pay up for their software.  There is absolutely nothing on the LM site that says one has to have "completed" their Private Pilot's License and if it did, that would defeat part of the purpose for using such a flight simulation product - so, you will never see that language on their site.  Therefore, their use of the term "Private Pilot," can easily be interpreted as Student Pilot and no one can dictate to the Student Pilot, how often they do or do not take lessons - nor does the FAA mandate a maximum time limit under which any Student Pilot must have completed their Private Pilot's oral, written and flight examinations.

You can be a "Student Pilot" in perpetuity.  In fact, there are countless numbers of Perpetual Student Pilots out there today in the United States.

So, the claim that Flight1 won't develop anything for P3D unless it fits the "Professional and/or Academic Use" EULA model, is indeed a valid approach.  However, in light of the reality behind what that really means, its all tantamount to business language rhetoric at the end of the day.

I'm not trying to start anything - I'm Just trying to keep it real here, that's all.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-21-2013 at 9:47am
Who knows and who cares

I know, and I care.  You can interpret it as you want to, I take it at face value and I am the man holding the cards and have much more to lose than a user. So I take it as it was written and apply my development terms to that agreement. I won't entertain any arguments here about EULA's, what it means to anyone else or what we should do. With that. Closed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic