Citation Mustang Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Citation Mustang Xperience Forums > Citation Mustang General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mustang can't see Navigraph update but King Air Ca
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang can't see Navigraph update but King Air Ca

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang can't see Navigraph update but King Air Ca
    Posted: Apr-10-2018 at 1:40am
 I just downloaded the latest Navigraph update.  It's been something like a year since I've done this, because I've been too busy to do much simming.

The download and install seemed to go fine using the latest version of the Navigraph install app, but when I started up FSX, both my King Air  and my Mustang were still displaying the old Navigraph data.

I re-ran the installer, and this time the King Air was showing the new Navigraph data, but the mustang was still showing the old.  Both planes worked fine, no freezing or crashing problems, they just were showing different data. 

(Also, the GTN 750 was still displaying the old data, but I can't remember now whether that is supposed to update with Navigraph or only with a fresh download of the Garmin trainer.)

It's possible that this problem comes from not having the latest version of the Mustang installed. I've been held up installing the latest version, because my original purchase was back in the days before the current key system.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping that this is one of those known oddball bugs that others have seen.  Anyone have any ideas?

paphibbs View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paphibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-18-2018 at 6:46am
Just a thought. I noticed the recently released King Air supports Airways now. Is it possible that for the moment, Navigraph are catering for the requirements of the new King Air that isn't compatible with the Mustang (or the old King Air for that matter)?

I might be way off here but just a thought.

Regards, Paul
Regards,

Paul Phibbs (VH-FIB)

Spoffo View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-18-2018 at 2:07pm
I finally sorted this out when I discovered that my file for the Mustang was still the original from around 2011 and that several updates had been released since then.

Step 1: I uninstalled my Mustang, then downloaded and installed the latest version of it. This caused both the Mustang AND the King Air to run on a very old nav database, presumably the one built into the Mustang download.

Step 2: I once more installed the latest Navigraph file using their installer.  SUCCESS! Now both the Mustang and the King Air are running on this up-to-date nav database.

My conclusion: The G-1000s in both the Mustang and King Air access the same Nav database, and this file always represents the most recent upload, whether that is from an aircraft update/re-install or something from the Navigraph app. So, you always need to run or re-run the latest Navigraph update as the last step any time you mess with one of the aircraft files.  

Also, apparently the aircraft files include a nav database that ships with the aircraft, and if it can't find a file it can use in the shared nav library (where the Navigraph updates go)  it reverts to using this old file, which is stored someplace else. At least that's the only explanation I can infer from the situation where the King Air and my old version of the mustang were using different databases.

PS: I'm about to migrate from FSX to P3Dv4 on a new computer, and I'm sure I'll have lots of fun wading through this all over again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic