Citation Mustang Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Citation Mustang Xperience Forums > Citation Mustang General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Features

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang Features
    Posted: Dec-09-2008 at 12:34pm

Flight1 and Cessna Aircraft Company are proud to present the Citation Mustang for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Now you can fly The definitive business jet for FSX!

The F1 Citation Mustang features outstanding internal and external 3D modeling, extremely realistic avionics and systems, a highly detailed set of 2D panels, a fully functional VC, and accurate flight modeling. It sets a new standard for the light business jet simulation experience.

External Features

Very accurate and highly detailed aircraft exterior
6 custom paint schemes, including a "green primer" certification test flight version
Operable cabin & cargo doors with corresponding CAS (Crew Alert System) messages shown in the cockpit
Lighted cargo storage bays
Visible icing effects on aircraft and windscreen
Extensive set of external camera views

A popup Auxiliary panel allows control of:

Copilot and Copilot call out options
Call fuel truck
Ground Proximity warning on/off
Open/close doors and cargo bays
Add/remove Wheel chocks
Add/remove safety cones
Roll out the red carpet!
Pitot and engine covers on/off

Internal Features

2D panel set includes six main instrument panel views - three from the pilot side, and three from the copilot side
Popup 2D enlarged PFD, MFD, Autopilot, Left and Right Lower Panel, and MFD Controller panel views
Popup instrument panel placards from the 2D panel
Fully functional Virtual Cockpit

Animated shade visors in the 3D cockpit
Fully modeled 3D rear cabin
Multiple 3D camera views, including vantage points from the rear cabin
Multiple animated features, including fold-down tables, cabinets, drawers, seat arm rests, window shades - even the toilet seat cover!

Garmin G1000 Glass Avionics Suite Features

Mustang-specific G1000 functionality
Multi-page user interfaces on both the PFD and MFD
Inset mini-map on the PFD
New! WAAS instrument approaches - allowing ILS-like approach accuracy for non-ILS-equipped airports within the U.S.
Advanced FADEC engine power management system with virtual Takeoff, Climb, and Cruise detents
Autopilot supports ROL, HDG, VOR, LOC, and GPS lateral modes

Autopilot supports ALT HOLD, ALTS, PIT, VS, and FLC vertical modes
Flight planner can be operated independently from the FSX planner - you can add and delete waypoints, etc. on the fly
Flight planner automatically imports FSX flight plan if one is loaded
CAS (Crew Alert System) indicators
Audio panel music player (supports ".wav" file format)

Includes original song, “Here and Now”, written and performed by Dave Blevins

Avionics and Systems

All gauges and switches fully functional (within the limitations of FSX) and clickable
Audible switch and knob sounds
Independent reading and cabin lights
Working Cabin pressurization system
Dim-able panel/panel lighting

The Flight1 Citation Mustang comes complete with a highly detailed User Manual and a Quick Reference Guide.

Now includes:

Added key event mapping support for custom hardware users. The G1000’s now use the default FSX G1000 events for most knobs and soft keys. Other custom events are user defined.

The Mustang now uses and includes Navigraph AIRAC world wide navigation database with SIDS and STARS. Includes cycle: 0903
this allows the Mustangs database to be updatable if the user chooses.
Updates subscriptions are available from:
www.navigraph.com

jordancollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordancollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-09-2008 at 3:33pm
sick
Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-09-2008 at 3:39pm
I hope that means good.
cinnander View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinnander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-09-2008 at 6:15pm
Wow, amazing. Hopefully my PC can handle all the 'bonus bits' (cargo lighting, toilet seats, etc)!
"She's a beautiful plane alright, I'm going to fly her brains out" -- Zap Brannigan on seeing Mustang # 510-0574
Paul View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-09-2008 at 10:05pm

Yes Jim, "sick" means good nowadays.

When you go public, you may consider highlighting two features specifically: "Visible icing" and "flight planner independent from FSX planner".

Regards

Paul

i7-920, GTX280 x 2, 6Gb, HAF932, Vista U 64bit.
MartinW View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-10-2008 at 4:06am

'Sick' indeed and certain prepubescent elements in the UK would say...

'Sound!'

awfC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awfC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-10-2008 at 4:28am
Now move  that thing out of the hangar so I can spoil it with the brush LOL

Serious sounds great Big%20smile
Cheers,

André F

[IMG]http://mustang.flight1.net/banners/banner_0b2aea4d10cbc4d0adf67272e6d1049e.jpg" />
cal2177 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-10-2008 at 8:51am
Darn it. There I go reading about this bird before I put my bib on. Now I have drool on my shirt.Wink
John Patterson
pilotex2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilotex2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-11-2008 at 12:33am

Audio panel music player (supports ".wav" file format) Shocked

Holy Smokes! That's INSANE! Truly adding a new level to our FS experience!

Unaswered question in another thread: will this affect performance?

(NOTAM to Self: Regardless of it affecting performance or not, I will be using it quiet often!)

Yoda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-11-2008 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by pilotex2 pilotex2 wrote:

Not as far as I can tell.  I shot an ILS approach last night while listening to Dave Blevins' music, and it was as smooth as, oh, Flying in a Blue Dream.

And the approach was smooth, too.

Regards,
Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch
San Diego, CA

"Proudly making Jim Rhoads crazy for over three years."
pilotex2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilotex2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-12-2008 at 1:06am

Thanks for the answer Yoda!

I wasn't planning to spend any money on any aircraft for a while because my pocket is fairly empty, of course that was till I saw the Mustang...

The rest is history!

-----EDIT-----

Since the talk of performance came up, Yoda, How would you compare the Mustang to LDS 767 as far as performance and the FPS hit is concerned? Is it about the same as the LDS 767?

cal2177 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-12-2008 at 8:04pm
If you have no problems with the LDS 767, then you will have no problems with the Mustang. In fact, I can barely detect a hit on framerates at all. Although I am sure there is some. But it isn't much.
John Patterson
pilotex2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilotex2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-12-2008 at 10:13pm

Thanks John! That is great to know!

Joker54 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-12-2008 at 11:22pm
Oh I have got to have one!

Looks fantastic!!!

Cheers

Steve
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission
[IMG]http://mustang.flight1.net/banners/banner_a39df75a1ae72e350264d53243bd3c3d.jpg" />
cinnander View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinnander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-13-2008 at 7:39am
I remembered something I've been meaning to ask!

Will the taxi lights and landing lights be independent from one another and working? I notice on stock FSX aircraft (or maybe it's just my PC - my monitor is atrocious at displaying black) the taxi lights don't seem to do anything, and the landing lights just kind of make the runway turn a lighter shade of dark. I can't see any light sources show up on the outside of the aircraft when I turn them on either.
"She's a beautiful plane alright, I'm going to fly her brains out" -- Zap Brannigan on seeing Mustang # 510-0574
blave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-13-2008 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Yoda Yoda wrote:

Originally posted by pilotex2 pilotex2 wrote:

Not as far as I can tell.  I shot an ILS approach last night while listening to Dave Blevins' music, and it was as smooth as, oh, Flying in a Blue Dream.

And the approach was smooth, too.

You crack me up. And, it's good to know that there's another Joe Satriani fan here... I just got done jamming to some Crystal Planet tunes, at an entirely inappropriate volume since the wife was out of the house.

I still have most of my hearing though Confused.

Dave.
blave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-13-2008 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by cinnander cinnander wrote:

I remembered something I've been meaning to ask!

Will the taxi lights and landing lights be independent from one another and working? I notice on stock FSX aircraft (or maybe it's just my PC - my monitor is atrocious at displaying black) the taxi lights don't seem to do anything, and the landing lights just kind of make the runway turn a lighter shade of dark. I can't see any light sources show up on the outside of the aircraft when I turn them on either.

The short answer is that it's modeled as it works on the real aircraft, which is a little different than what you (or at least, I) am used to. From the manual:

"The landing light switch is a 3 positiion switch that controls both the rocognition/taxi lights and the landing lights. Both the recognition/taxi and landing lights are illuminated from the same two positions on the bottom of the fuselage. When LANDING is selected, both landing lights illuminate at maximum brightness. When RECOG TAXI is selected, both landing lights dim to a lower intensity."

That said, at least on my PC the landing light works as you describe  - they do light up but the runway is then "a lighter shade of dark". I wonder if this is just how FSX works. The RECOG/TAXI lights light up but do not seem to light up the runway.

BTW the F1 Mustang even has a Wing Inspection light, which illuminates the left wing's front edge, so that the pilot can check for icing.

cheers,

Dave.
Nick M View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-14-2008 at 10:21pm
Is there anything F1 Can't do?
This is truely amazing.
Best regards!
Nick M.
Alsinor View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alsinor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-14-2008 at 11:35pm
They can't fix you a grilled cheese sandwich.
Thank you for your time. James

bohappy View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-15-2008 at 12:42pm
Tongue
Tongue
Tongue
that means i am drooling for this as well
i hope it comes out soon!

ok enough wishing for one day

great job Flight1 - you never disappoint us loyal customers

Bo

Tongue
gene meyer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-12-2009 at 2:10pm
STILL LOOKING FOR ENGINE SMOKE AND TRIALOuch
BradS View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-12-2009 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by gene meyer gene meyer wrote:

STILL LOOKING FOR ENGINE SMOKE AND TRIALOuch

The Mustangs engines in real life do not smoke, and so neither should the F1 Mustang, which they don't. Wink
G-LOTTE View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-LOTTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-20-2009 at 5:10pm
Absolutely right! Citation Mustangs do not have JT8Ds or Speys!! :)
Craig Norman - EGHH - Cessna Citation Mustang G-LOTTE s/n   510-0989
hallthomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-10-2009 at 7:25am
Thats really good...it has a very good features...internal as well as external features both are good...i liked it very much..
Tigerclaw View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-08-2009 at 4:27am
Did I hear someone say "Joe Satriani"? Now I gotta go buy a new hard drive so I can put all his albums into .WAV format. Wonder how much space THAT will take

Nice plane, very well done indeed
Timmy View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-15-2010 at 7:28am

Jim,

Could you update this page with the keyboard command feature?  Might be of interest to those visiting here who cannot login to the owner's forums.

gene meyer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-15-2010 at 5:05pm
LOVE THE MUSTANG GENE FROM DUBUQUE
npliam View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote npliam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-05-2010 at 5:31pm

Now that I was able to launch the software (all i had to do was to open FSX as administrator the first time), I see that this is really a great thing. 

I am having a bit of touble setting the appraoch minima and field elevation in the alerts/timer window on the PFD.  I am sure you have all the info on performance, but one real difference from the airplane is that I get about 150 kias with 60% N1 and approach flaps in the actual airplane, but it seemed to take about 80% N1 on the simulator.  I am of course happy to provide other speed / configuration performance from my own experience, but i am sure you are way ahead of me on this stuff.  I can't believe the beautiful job you've done and how inexpensive it is.

Nick Pliam

teddy45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-25-2010 at 1:03am
Oh thanks for the great information about the features.It was good to know them.Its a nice article.
joy1709 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joy1709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-11-2011 at 7:49pm
nice
IS
GTwice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTwice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-24-2012 at 6:43am
Hello
It's nice to know what features does this model offer, but I think it would be very useful if devs/distributors would also say what systems aren't modelled - I hate to get a shiny new addon, hoping for it's greatness and being disappointed after some time because something doesn't work as it should (I know nobody does the circuit breakers modelling for example, but things like static switches, missing AP modes etc.).
So, what are we missing in this Flight1 Citation Mustang? So far I've discovered the VNAV, what else?
cal2177 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-24-2012 at 4:50pm
Simpler yet, buy it. You have 30 days to try it out and if you aren't safisfied, with what is there, you can get a refund.
John Patterson
cite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-12-2012 at 6:17pm
Anyone have a link to the refund/exchange policy, or can copy&paste here? I'm sure others want to see it as well.
cal2177 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-13-2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by cite cite wrote:

Anyone have a link to the refund/exchange policy, or can copy&paste here? I'm sure others want to see it as well.

You mean the one posted on the Flight1 website for all to see and read? Too much effort on your part to do that?
John Patterson
wody View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-13-2013 at 5:09am
Hi,

I have built a cockpit for my LVLD 767 (Lekseecon, OC and SIOC) which works great.
Now it is time to build another cockpit and the Mustang seems right for me.

I did not buy yet, so I have no acces to the licensed forum for informations for builder.

My questions:
are there any offsets or is there a SDK like in the 767? My plan is to use OC HW and SIOC.
Any experience here?

Thanks for help,
Peter

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-13-2013 at 12:58pm
Hello Peter,

Welcome to the world of our Citation Mustang.  We provide an input.ini file with the product for key mappings for most of the G1000 functions that are supported via the FSX SDK.

As you saw, we have a dedicated hardware forum for users to exchange ideas and help each other with their custom setups. 
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
kendry_99 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendry_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-19-2016 at 1:59am
how do you furn off copilot pfd???????????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic