Citation Mustang Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Citation Mustang Xperience Forums > Citation Mustang General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Prepar3d v2.2+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wooland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang Prepar3d v2.2+
    Posted: Apr-24-2014 at 1:58pm
Hi team!
What about any plans of development this brilliant aircraft for Prepar?
Or we have method to start it now?
Can i buy version 1.08a for FSX and use it in Prepar3D v2.2?

coolguy3 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-24-2014 at 2:14pm
Nope, it won't work in P3D v2.2. I REALLY wish the devs would do a P3D version...or even an X-Plane 10.xx version!
Jim Blake
Real World C172 (G1000) Pilot, AOPA #06034701
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Wooland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wooland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-24-2014 at 3:19pm
Thx, Cool...We will waiting for a new Mustang for Prepar and i will to buy it at once.
Of course, we wish to hear development team about any plans....
KenWoodJr View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenWoodJr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-08-2014 at 9:39am
I too, would love to see the Mustang updated to work in P3D. I'd wager it would be more fluid than the Phenom. The Mustang is my favorite aircraft in my hangar, and as I take the plunge for P3D I would feel lost without the Mustang to pilot in that sim.

HP DV6-2144nr Win7 64; AMD Turion II Duo-Core M520; 4GB RAM; ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 w/1GB VRAM
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-09-2014 at 1:39pm
No plans at present to have the Mustang in P3D.  This has been covered many times in the forum.  Thanks!
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
solentflyer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solentflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-04-2015 at 4:37pm
Compatibility with both Prepar3D (and subsequently FSX-SE) was broken when Flight1 introduced the 1.06 update a couple of years ago.

Code was added to deliberately prevent the Mustang working in Prepar3D. At the time, it was justified by the developers stating that P3D was a commercial application and as such we were not licensed to use it there.

This same code persists in the current 1.08 version and, as such, this version does not currently work in P3D or FSX-SE.

To prove the above, I installed all versions up to and including 1.05 in both P3D and FSX-SE and the aircraft performs flawlessly in both.

Dennis
Mogget View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-23-2015 at 5:56am
Quote No plans at present to have the Mustang in P3D.  This has been covered many times in the forum

I have just noticed that a P3D version of the Super KingAir B200 has been released. Does this mean that there is a possibility of finally seeing a P3D version of the Mustang?
CM Storm Enforcer | Asus Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690k | CM Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair RM750 | 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury DDR3-1600 | 2GB GeForce GTX 770 | SB X-Fi | Asus VS247HR | Windows 7 64bit
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-28-2015 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Mogget Mogget wrote:

Quote No plans at present to have the Mustang in P3D.  This has been covered many times in the forum

I have just noticed that a P3D version of the Super KingAir B200 has been released. Does this mean that there is a possibility of finally seeing a P3D version of the Mustang?

Nothing has been announced or planned yet for the Mustang and P3D.  As always, monitor the forums for any announcements on compatibility or updates.
Jeff Smith
Flight1 Sales / Support
ab-tools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab-tools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-18-2015 at 7:49am
Hello,

just wanted to add my interest in a P3D version of the Mustang:
I would be happy to pay $50 USD for this aircraft, but only if it's available for P3D.

As more and more people are moving to P3D I'm sure that's the future. So it's not a good idea to ignore that as manufacturer especially as most of other developers like A2A, PMDG, Carenado or RealAir, to name only a few, seem not to have any problems with moving on to P3D.

So I really hope Fllight1 will release their models for P3D very soon, too.

Best regards
Andreas
Mogget View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-13-2015 at 10:12am
It would be nice, because the Flight1 Mustang was far and away the most used aircraft that I ever purchased for FSX. It just suited my requirements and style of flying perfectly (very stable, low landing speeds, ability to operate to and from remarkably short airstrips for a jet, superb cockpit visibility etc). I am hoping and praying that Flight1 decide to release a P3D version of this aircraft, because I no longer use FSX. Add to that the fact that I have just recently upgraded from a 19" Acer V193 standard format (4:3) VGA monitor to a 24" Asus VS247HR widescreen DVI monitor (my first ever widescreen), so I would like to see what the Mustang cockpit looks (and feels) like with a bit more screen real estate!
CM Storm Enforcer | Asus Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690k | CM Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair RM750 | 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury DDR3-1600 | 2GB GeForce GTX 770 | SB X-Fi | Asus VS247HR | Windows 7 64bit
ab-tools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab-tools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-13-2015 at 12:23pm
Yes, it's really a pity that there is still no Prepar3d version of the Citation Mustang announced by Flight1.

As I didn't buy it yet, I can only imagine how great it is based on the reviews. Smile

But it obviously makes no sense for me to buy this product till it's not compatible with Prepar3d as that's the only flight simulator I'm using.

So I really hope Flight1 will take my money very soon! Wink

Just saw that they changed the title image on their Facebook page to the Mustang:
Maybe that's a sign that this product is back a little bit more in the focus?

There are really no good small business jets for the Prepar3d platform till now:
the only one is the Phenom 100 by Carenado, but that seems Carenado-like more eye-candy than a detailed simulation what I don't really like.

I guess that's the reason why there is such a big demand for the Citation Mustang Flight1 product for the Prepar3d platform - so a lot money to make! Smile

Maybe a sales representative has some news on Prepar3d plans for the Mustang in the meantime?

Thanks in advance
Andreas
Mogget View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-14-2015 at 8:30am
There is one aspect of the Mustang that I would like to see "tweaked" if any P3D version is considered, and that is the "touchdown and rollout" sound effect on certain AFD runway surfaces. Those sound effects didn't work properly in the FSX version when landing on grass, tarmac, Macadam, or hardcore (a faint "bounce" sort of sound on touchdown, followed by complete silence). They worked fine on asphalt or concrete.
ab-tools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab-tools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-16-2015 at 10:20am
For the beginning I would be totally happy if just the current FSX version of the Mustang would work in Prepar3d - that would be a great start and enough for me to buy it. :-)
MRWHITE View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MRWHITE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-20-2015 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by solentflyer solentflyer wrote:

Compatibility with both Prepar3D (and subsequently FSX-SE) was broken when Flight1 introduced the 1.06 update a couple of years ago.

Code was added to deliberately prevent the Mustang working in Prepar3D. At the time, it was justified by the developers stating that P3D was a commercial application and as such we were not licensed to use it there.

This same code persists in the current 1.08 version and, as such, this version does not currently work in P3D or FSX-SE.

To prove the above, I installed all versions up to and including 1.05 in both P3D and FSX-SE and the aircraft performs flawlessly in both.

Dennis

Evidently if you have an earlier version it works according to this post? Anybody try it? Probably not legal though.....
seippg View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seippg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-20-2015 at 5:38pm
I'd throw out there that there are, what, 4 third party King Airs out now?  But there's only one quality business jet, right now.  I know some more are in the works but they're still, at least,  many months out. 

Gregg
Mogget View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-22-2015 at 10:12am
We can only hope that Flight1 decide to release a P3D version of the Mustang in the near future. It's probably my favourite aircraft ever in a flight simulator, so I would love to be able to fly it again some day....

seippg View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seippg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug-01-2015 at 1:20pm
I wanna be a beta tester :)

Rockitglider View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockitglider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-16-2015 at 11:10pm
Hello,

I want to add my vote for a p3D version as well, but you have to offer a coupon for a discount for people who have purchased the FSX version like all the other developers do, You also need to do this for your other planes as well, like the 182.

Rockitglider Shocked

Dell Studio 1555 Core2Duo P8700 2.53Ghz@1066Mhz, 4GB DDR2 6400, 512MB ATI Radeon HD545v,
250GB 7200RPM HDD, Win 7 64Bit
Mogget View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-18-2015 at 3:45am
Let's not rock the boat too much! A certain other well known payware aircraft developer does not offer a discount to purchase the P3D versions of their planes if you already own the FSX versions, and I wouldn't necessarily expect Flight1 to be any different. I am fully prepared (pun intended) to pay full price for a P3D version of the Mustang, even if it's nothing more than a direct port! Of course, a few new features and upgrades would be nice Wink
Mogget View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-05-2015 at 4:12am
Is there any chance that there will ever be a P3D version of the Mustang? I have flown a few different aircraft in the sim, but my mind always drifts to the Mustang as the perfect aircraft for my flying requirements. I guess you built the perfect virtual aircraft Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic