Citation Mustang Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Citation Mustang Xperience Forums > Citation Mustang General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - (In Prog) fsx crashes - compatibility with norton
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(In Prog) fsx crashes - compatibility with norton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean46633 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (In Prog) fsx crashes - compatibility with norton
    Posted: Apr-07-2019 at 9:58am
Hello,

I am running fsx steam edition on win 10 64 bits nvidia 1050 gtx protected by norton

I made 2 installations of citation mustang

- 1 without stopping norton auto protect
- 2 after having stopped auto protect during installation and restarted it after installation

test 1
-------
During installation 1, norton detected file D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\mstngsvc.dll as a Heuristic Virus with the threat name Heur.AdvML.B and requested a system restart. 

Before restarting, i tested fsx and selected the concerned plane == > result ok
After system reboot, the file detected was put in quarantaine and the selection of the plane in fsx results in a fsx CRASH.

test 2
-------
installation ok but Norton autoprotect detects the same threat immediately after being restarted with the same result as test 1 ==> fsx crash when plane is selected.

Could you please examine this and confirm how to proceed to solve this problem ?

If you consider that the concerned file is safe, I believe there is a procedure to post it to norton and have them approve it (it is then deleted from the list of files presenting a risk).

Hoping a positive follow-up

Best regards
jch
cal2177 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-07-2019 at 10:11am
Load that instance in Norton AV (through the administrator menu in Norton) and tell Norton restore that file. Then check the box that says to exclude this file from SONAR scans. Also, go to Norton AV and exclude the entire FSX folder from scans. You'll have no more problems.

John Patterson
jean46633 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean46633 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-08-2019 at 1:17pm
hello,

thanks for you recommendations.

I did apply them and transfered the file from quarantaine zone back to original folder.
Further scan or autoprotect SONAR actions are suspended accordingly

Plane selection in fsx works normally.

I will report if any further problems should occur.

Thanking you for your cooperation.

Best regards
jch 
jch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic